Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to life...back to reality....

This week started the beginning of work and the beginning of day care. I have been dreading this day for a long time! I was afraid that I would boo hoo and need Kleenex's all day long! BUT, it went a lot better than I thought. I only cried once yesterday and once today. It was really hard to leave the house knowing that I was going to be without little man all day. Ethan's teacher was really nice and understanding and explained stuff to me in new mom terms. She was great! When I was saying goodbye to him both days is when I had to fight back tears. You just got to suck it up and leave. Today, I got back in my car and cried a bit. It was therapeutic. But, as soon as I got to work, I didn't stop. I have had to work late both days and it has been super exhausting. His teacher says that he is doing really well! He always has HAPPY circled on his daily activity sheet. Of course he is happy! He's a happy baby! He has even slept through both nights! Well, with the help of some ocean waves CD and a rainstorm CD. Those are great and I highly recommend those for new moms! We'll see if he sleeps through the night again. Anyway, other than that, things are going good!

Here are some extra pics!


Sleepy Head!

Big Ron comes to visit

Three generations of Wade Boys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his spikey hair!!

Jen said...

He's getting so big! I can't imagine the day when I will have to leave Nathan in the care of someone else! Hang in there, I know it's probably so hard!

Kimmie said...

ethan is adorable!! it makes me so excited about having a little boy! :) hope you are doing well--your story about the day care was so sad. i can't imagine having to go back to work too...but, i will probably have to. good to hear from you!!