Friday, August 22, 2008

Waiting anxiously....

So, all week I have been waiting anxiously for today. You might ask yourself 'WHY? That means you go back to work on Monday!' Yea, I know, totally bogus, but its because we go to the doctor to get our immunizations and for a weight check. Well, this morning Nick and I got up, got ourselves and Ethan ready and were out the door suprisingly on time. Ethan and I make it to our doctors appt and the first thing they do is measure and weigh him. I want you to take a wild guess at how much this child weighs!!!!! Nope, guess higher! I thought he was pushing thriteen pounds...boy was I wrong! This child weighs 16 pounds!!! Can you believe it?! What a chunker! He measured 25 1/2 inches long. This child is on the road to be linebacker (for AU of course)! I talked it over with the MD and she gave me so much information!


  • His wieght is in the 99% for his age (ya, don't say?!)

  • His height is in the 98% for his age

  • His cute round head is not as big as we thought! Its in the 89% for his age

He is right on track and perfect for his age! She even mentioned starting him on some juice and cereal. Normally the books suggest not to start until 6 months, she doesn't start talking about until 4 months but she said for his age, if he doesn't seem satisfied to try a bit of cereal. Juice is of course for the gas/constipation in him. But that is a whole nother story (yea, I said nother).


Anyway, all in all, a good visit to the doctor. We will go back at 4 months.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Holy crap! 16 lbs, huh? Nick wasn't kidding last Christmas when he said yall were "Growing a big baby."

Megan said...

And Thomas said instead of milk and juice, you should give him steak and a shot of whiskey.