Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Baby is growin up...

It's official! We have moved on up in this world. Ethan is official in 3+ month clothes and a size 2 diaper. They grow up so fast! :)


OH, the book I was referring to in the previous blog is called 'The Happiest Baby on the Block". Very nice book. Very informative and gives tons of helpful hints!

Nick and I went to Books a Million yesterday. I wanted to buy some books to read to Ethan. I've discovered he likes that in the mornings! So, I go to the children's book aisle and pick up a couple of books. One is about Noah's Ark and the other one is about Joseph and his brothers. Lets just say the first thing I am going to do today is take them back! I have learned my lesson! I failed to read the books before I bought them thinking how can you mess up these stories. So, I get home, start to feed Ethan, and planned on reading the books to him then. Let me read to you the first paragraph from "Noah's Ark": 'A long long time ago God became very angry. He saw that people on Earth had become selfish and wicked. So, God decided on a terrible punishment. He would flood the whole world and drown everyone in it." Later on in the book it states 'Everyone that lived on the Earth was swept away and drowned' then on the last page it says 'Noah and his family and all the animals went back to their normal lives and had babies.' WHAT?!?! Are you serious? What kind of children's book is this. One that is going to be returned to the bookstore that is for sure! I even think Nick considered writing the publisher about it. What a terrible children's book!

1 comment:

Somer said...

That is a horrible book for kids I agree! I try to always skim through books first before I buy them for Savannah. Now I am glad that I do that.