Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Road is Getting Shorter...


First, here are the cute pics I promised in a previous blog...




He's such a chunky little thing!!!



Well, not too much longer until I return to work. I am trying to get Ethan prepared. The formula is going well. I wish I was still nursing at times, but there are other times that I am thankful that we have made the switch. Now, other people get to help out with the feedings. Ronnie and my mom have been able to feed him and it was a big help! I think they enjoyed it too!

I start work on Monday. I told the girls I share an office with to go ahead and get the tissue ready. Dropping Ethan off at school is going to be super hard. We went by there on Tuesday to drop off his consents and information packet. Everyone there was really looking forward to Ethan starting. They showed me his room and crib and I was able to meet the director and some of the teachers. Ethan has a cute name card above his crib. One of the teachers walked out of the room and said "This must be Ethan (they were expecting him this week)...ooohhh he's a fat baby!" My baby isn't fat, he's just healthy. Theres nothing wrong with a chubby baby. Anyway, they answered all my questions and then I had to rush out of there. I was starting to cry. Its going to be hard on monday.

We go on Friday to get his shots and for a check up. Everyone is anxious to see how much he has grown. I think he is pushing about 13 pounds and is around 24 inches or so. We'll see. He is already in the 3 month old clothes and pushing the 6 month old clothes. I think we have a few weeks before the next growth spurt though.

For those who don't know, Nick graduates from college on Saturday. We are so excited! He is excited. He keeps telling me we have to hang up his gown so it isn't wrinkled walking across the stage. Its hanging now. The fam is coming up and we are all going to celebrate his day. Its going to be a big day on Saturday!

Here are some update pics. They are from our trip to AU recently





3 comments:

Megan said...

You should have told that woman that you're glad he has a fat teacher. :) He's a CUTIE, and who's gonna be laughing when he's making the big bucks in the NFL?

Tell Nick Lachey I said CONGRATS!!!

mmmyers231 said...

He is a cutie pa-tootie! Just add milk...how funny! Looks like you added meat and potatos, too! Just go on and forward this information to Tommy Tubberville to put on the list for future recruiting?

Unknown said...

You guys will be in my thoughts on Monday!! Ethan is such a cutie! I love the just add milk....I'm in love with his hair...how cute!