Sunday, August 24, 2008

Graduation Weekend

The day has finally come and gone. Nick is officially an college graduate, diploma and all!


The weekend was a great success! We had family and friends up to visit and celebrate Nick graduating from college. We took tons of pictures! I'll post a few on here, email me if you want them all. I doubt some of you want to see all 77 of them..hehe. Anyway, Nick had a great weekend of festivities! We went to the ceremony, which was pretty nice! The rain held off and then back to the house for BBQ and family time. Had a good time! Glad everyone was able to make it!

Yea, I know this isn't Nick, but some random old guy. His story is pretty incredible! He was a 1943 graduate of Athens State University. At his time of graduating he was unable to receive his diploma. He was sent to serve his country prior to being able to attend the ceremonies. So, this graduation, he was able to finally walk across the stage and receive his diploma. It was very cool to see him do this. I have no idea who this incredible man is, but it was pretty cool! It gave me chills!

No comments: