Friday, July 25, 2008

5 Weeks Already?!?!?!




Can you believe Ethan turned 5 weeks old today?


Many things have happened and I have just been too busy to post. Hopefully I can remember everything, if not, I'll add it on later. Lets see...first of all...Ethan has rolled from tummy to back twice! He did this at about three weeks old. Are they suppose to do that this early? He's so strong! My mom and Malea witnessed it at seperate times, I think, and we were amazed! It's pretty cool! After that there was one day we were playing and I swear he was trying to smile. He had that look on his face like I think i can, I think I can, but all I got was a half of a half of a grin. Braxton came to dinner on Nick's birthday and was playing with him and said that Ethan smiled at him! Yippie! Ethan's movin on up! OH, on that same note, Grandmother, Teresa and Polly came up not to long ago and if Polly had two more minutes I swear she would have had him laughing and cooing. Ethan wanted to so bad, you could just tell!!!


Still no sleeping through the night. About two times he'll wake up, nurse and then go right back to sleep. That is nice, but I still long for the night when he'll sleep through. He was showing off for my mom the other day and slept right on in until about 9 or 9:30 in the morning after his 4 or 5 am feeding. That was special. Don't you know that was the morning where I had a doctors appt and couldn't sleep in! Oh, and Ethan has graduated into his room in his crib. That is actually going well! We had him sleeping in our room in a bassinet, but he outgrew that at 4 weeks. His crib fits him nicely now. He loves to watch his mobile and is starting to track the animals with eyes and is fascinated with bright lights and colors.


He has changed so much these past few weeks! All that haven't seen him will be amazed at how much he has grown. The girls at work were asking how much he weighs now, even though I don't have and exact weight, I bet he is pushing 12 pounds. All his 0-3 months clothing is starting to get rather small. Everyone was right, the length goes first!


Nick is almost done with school! We are trying to give him his quiet time to finish up everything. He'll be done with classes at the beginning of Aug and graduate on the 23rd of the month. We are super proud of him! I think its pretty cool his son gets to watch him graduate from college. I can't wait to take a family picture of us with Nick in his cap and gown. Everyone make a mental note of that date! :)


Okay, enough blabbing. I'll try to be better about posting! Sorry!


OH, congratulations to our friends Greg and Monica! They just delivered their first baby! Born July 24, baby girl Blakely Kate!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture, because he's like, "How YOU doin'?" He's so cute!! I can't wait to see him soon!

pughkat said...

i'm loving his hair!

Jen said...

I love your blog! I will be surely blog stalking you to see those precious pictures of Ethan! He is too adorable for words!

Lisa said...

wow, I've never heard of a baby rolling over at 5 weeks before. He's super baby! It's got to be your milk ;)

Megan said...

We have a picture of my brother and dad when my dad graduated. It was cool to pull that out when Jason graduated high school.

Just Paws said...

Big E is sooooo cute!! I cant believe how much hair he has!! Handsome little fella! Congrats to Nick! I love your blog and need to come see you soon! Love yall!!