Thursday, July 3, 2008

2-Weeks and counting....



This thing called parenting isn't too easy...

We've had a lot of events take place during E-buddy's second week of life. His umbilical cord fell off last Saturday night. It about killed my mom b/c it was just lying on the floor and she almost stepped on it thinking it was a roach or something. Now Ethan has a big outie belly button. Its super cute!

MaLea came up on Monday and helped out a ton. A big thanks for all the things she did for us. Definatly nice having that extra help!

Nick went back to work this week too. That isn't fun for either of us. I am sitting here at home trying to keep Ethan happy and Nick has to go to work and misses out on some things. It is definatly a learning experience for both of us. I am trying to formulate some type of schedule for me and Ethan, but as all you mothers know, that is extremely difficult with newborns. Some days he will eat every two hours and others he waits four hours or so to eat. Some days he stays awake and looks around and others he is out like a light. I guess time will put us on a schedule that works.

Dad sent me an article from USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-06-29-baby-workout_N.htm about making playtime 'tummy time' so E-buddy and I have begun to have tummy time at least once a day, sometime twice when Nick comes home. Ethan is doing really well for only being 2 weeks old. I only keep him down there for 10-15 seconds depending how fussy he gets, but he lifts his head and turns it from side to side. This is suppose to promote muscle building and control. I think E-buddy likes it. We are going to continue to do it as much as possible.

2 comments:

mmmyers231 said...

I like reading about Ethan. It's definately hard to believe it's been 2 weeks + since he was born.

Anonymous said...

Get those muscles working, because Ethan only has 54 days until his first Auburn football game...