Friday, June 27, 2008

E-buddy is one week old

Well, we have made it through our first week as parents. Both Ethan and I have had our follow up visits with the MD and everything/everyone is healing well. E-buddy is still a little jaundice, but had a nice afternoon sunbathing. I think that helped tremendously! I called the nurse to make sure there was nothing more they wanted to do or if they even wanted to check his bili level and they told us to continue monitoring his output and input. Ethan had no problem with his output, especially after he has a fresh coat of butt paste on and a new diaper! I think one more day of sunbathing will do the trick!

Nick is hanging in there too! We both are learning as we go (with the help of my mom and others who like to offer advice). Sleep is rare. I try to snag a nap every chance I can but I am not very successful. Nick is sleeping a little better than me, but he also gets up and helps in the middle of the night for feedings. My feet are still super swollen. My overdose on medications didn't help either. Thanks to Ronnie and Carlene to pointing that out to me. I was taking too much of my discharge meds and thankfully they noticed. The swollen-ness is starting to dwindle, slowly.

E-buddy is down for a few hours right now. We are actually getting into bed before 12 or 1. Hopefully we will be sleep some tonight.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I look forward to reading about Ethan's goings-on. Can't wait to meet him! Glad things are going well. Let me know if you ever need a listening ear or help with the breastfeeding. Can you believe I'm STILL doing it? And between Jackie and Joey, I've been through all the little things that go wrong that no one seems to tell you about.

Anyway, here's to hoping you make it through these next few weeks!