Thursday, September 11, 2008

Right on track..

Tomorrow is Ethan's 3 month old birthday. From what I am reading and learning Ethan's development is right on track! My sources are telling me he should:
  • Recognize mommy and daddy's face and scent---Check
  • Holds head steady---almost check, we are working on that. Still a bit wobbly
  • Visually tracks moving objects---Check. He keeps his eyes on mommy and daddy when in his bouncy chair.
  • Vocalizes: squeals, gurgles and coos---Check; and its great! He will just talk up a storm for about 15 seconds at a time. Its wonderful! He is even laughing a little. He has a deep chuckle. Kinda sounds like woody woodpecker for 2 seconds or so.
  • Does mini push-ups---almost check, working on that too! He almost has it.
  • Notices his hands---Check. He sucks on his right hand constantly. Some have told me he might be teething. I don't know though. No other signs of cutting teeth as of now. We'll keep an eye on it.
  • Blows bubbles---Double Check! There is a constant flow of spit bubbles, doesn't stop!
  • Bats at toys---Check. Uncle B and Aunt Coco gave him a wormy gym that we have been using. He swats at the toys all the time. If they were bugs they would totally be goners!
  • Rolls from tummy to back---Not yet. Unless he has done it at school. We haven't seen it, but I think we are getting close. He has done it accidentally when he was smaller, but not recently. He is rolling though so I think it is coming.

All in all, we are right on track! This has been really fun! We are really enjoying watching him development. I love it!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I can't wait for that!!