Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our first family outing

We had our first family outing today. Surprisingly, we were on time to all our stops! We went to the MD, insurance people and to the day care center. Ethan is healthy, insured, and peed and pooped all over the infant room when we went to tour the day care. Ethan has been very generous with his pee and poop while we have him open wide. Nick is the lucky one that gets aimed at mostly. My mom got christened with a few long strings of poop down her leg. Quite hilarious!

Ethan had his first well-baby check up. Nick and I officially met our pediatrician and really like her. She came highly reccommended and now we see why. They checked his weight, bili level, circumcision and all that fun stuff. He had a good report! His bili level was a little high, but because he is only five days old, the MD said that it has no place to go but down. Apparently, the fifth day of life is when it peeks. So, we'll keep and eye on it.

Ethan is weighing in at a slim 9lbs. He should be back up to his birth weight at about 3 weeks old. Normally newborns take two weeks to get back up to birth weight, but with a 10lbr, they'll give him an extra week.

Many of yall knew that at discharge, Ethan had a slight infection on his pee pee from the circumcision. That has cleared up and he should have a good look'n pee pee when it heals. (those are the words of the Md). Thats good to know!

In other news, Nick and I are hanging in there. I have elephant kankles. The swelling hasn't gone down yet. And Nick is busy helping out with getting me up and moving around, waking up in the middle of the night to help me reposition and to get Ethan if he is crying, not to mention, dealing with the dogs and schoolwork as well. We have a follow up appointment with my MD tomorrow. I am anxiously awaiting my weight post baby. I feel as if I have dropped 40lbs instantly, but I know I haven't. My incision is healing without pain, but the back pain has got me. I'll keep you posted as to what the MD said...if anything.

My mom has been up here helping out. What a huge help she has been. Just getting the household chores done and cooking dinner and helping with nursing. She has been a huge help to Nick and myself. Its going to be hard when she leaves and Nick is back at work. We are trying to get a schedule down, but just when I think that we got something going, Ethan gets off his eating schedule. What can I expect with a newborn though!?


I am going to post a few pics if I can figure this thing out. Also, I'll try to keep all updated info on this blog, so check back frequently!

3 comments:

Nikki Wright said...

I am so excited for you both! I cannot wait to meet him in person. He is so cute! Love, Nikki Wright

Mal said...

Glad to hear his pee pee is going to be okay. :-) I cannot wait to meet the lil' guy and see you and Nick. Y'all are going to be great parents. What a amazing mom you have, too!

mmmyers231 said...

Ethan is a very precious little fella! I've really enjoyed being here with him and his mom and daddy during this first week of his life and am grateful to them for letting me help out. He has lots of personality which is evident even at this early stage! Can't wait for his first visit to Auburn!