Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF

All I can say is thank the good Lord its Friday! This week has been terrible and I am just glad its over. Where do I even begin?

I ran out of the formula we were using and had to use a different formula. I thought this wasn’t going to be a problem and used it for about 2 days (until it ran out).
We started our new daycare teacher on Monday. It was a nightmare. Leaving Ethan on Monday was harder to do than the first day of daycare. When I dropped him off, everything I was worried about happened. First off, I told his teacher that he was only 4 ½ months old. The look on her face was frightening. I don’t think she realized how young he really was. Then I told her that I didn’t want him on the ground while the other babies were down there b/c I was afraid that they would try to pull themselves up using Ethan, swat at him, get in his face, etc. and Ethan had no way to defend himself. So, I put him in the “stand and go nowhere” thing…which is the only activity center in the room…and the first thing that happened was the 12 month old…yes, 1 year old in his class…crawled over to him…yea, that too…pulled herself up and swatted a sock in his face. After Ethan was quickly pulled away from the girl, it took everything I had not to cry in his room. I went straight to the director’s office and cried. I voiced my concerns and she basically told me the same thing that the other lady told me. Wasn’t comforting, wasn’t helpful, in fact, I began to look at other daycares. Then later that day I went back to go check on him and asked the teacher how his first feeding was and she said “he took the bottle well”. I was like good, now what about the cereal? Her response was “Oh, he gets cereal too?” It’s written down right behind her and I pointed that out. Mommy is not a happy camper. By the time I pick him up, he has developed a snotty nose, cough, sneezing and was breaking out on his face. OH NO, one of those other snotty nosed kids has given Ethan something. Ethan didn’t sleep through the night. All in all wasn’t a good day. By Wednesday I had calmed down a bit until I went to go check on him during the day and found him asleep in his teacher’s arms with a bottle stuck in his mouth. Ethan was definitely asleep too, it was obvious, he was snoring. That didn’t sit well with me. When I left, I stopped to talk to another mom whose child is in the same class and informed me of the flyers we had been getting at school. The first one was ANOTHER price increase of tuition and the other one was…drum roll please…the teacher was moving out of this classroom and another (whom we LOVE) is coming to take over. I cannot tell you how excited I was, and am, to hear that news. A prayer was answered, I felt so relieved. I could have hugged her when I found out. So, we are excited about next week when the new teacher starts. We look forward to it! :)

We switched back to his other formula. The snots are clearing up and so is his cough. Apparently he had an allergic reaction to the other formula. He still is congested a bit, but much better.

So, now we are glad it’s Friday and we can relax this weekend and watch some AU foosball. TGIF!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord, what a week. You were smart to drop by the day care unannounced. Perhaps things will get better this week with the new teacher.